adamiamelia

my babies

Monday, August 23, 2010

Knitting for him - a work in progress

It's my first time knitting something for adult . It'll probably take me months, as this pattern is very complicated, there is use of cable throughout every right side row..meaning that every rightside row can take 15-30 mins depending on how distracted i am..but i'm very excited about this project, something new and exciting. I've been working on this for almost a month now, and it's not even 1/3 finished yet..it's ok, the fun is in the making...such is the beauty of knitting..there is love in every stitch, just imagine how much love you're giving in a simple sweater.

Knitting teaches me about patience and slows me down to a mindful pace. There is always work for the idle hands. As I watch my children grow and play, or enjoy a movie date with my husband, my work progresses, and out of it, emerge something beautiful for my loved ones.

errr,, i do hope it'll fit though!

7 comments:

Melina said...

At least you can knit and have the patience to knit! I've given up on my knitting attempts....my knitting bits are all terperuk tepi cupboard somewhere.

Will wait with baited breath for the completed sweater. :P I'm sure it'll be just perfect. Knitted with love...

aidafiqs adamia said...

melina,
really?? take them out! nak tgk! or..let me finish them! hehe..

Unknown said...

wowww.. rajinnyeeeeeeee.... harap2 siap dengan jayanya... :)

Melina said...

Yup, Nigel got me my first set of needles and yarn when I was pregnant with Aiesha siap ngan instructional book. Tak paham I tell ya. I finally managed to figure it out early last year. I was gung ho for about a month or so then I gave up because tak menjadi-jadi. LOL!

aidafiqs adamia said...

laila,
thank you...i hope so too!

melina,
how sweet that he got you knitting as a present while pregnant!

craft art journal said...

I'm awed, dear. I really don't have the patience, though I have been wanting to knit a little boy vest. Need to get the needles, cable, etc. Maybe in the future, perhaps. But you're already knitting for adults!!! Keep it up, dear. I'm sure it'll be amazing!

aidafiqs adamia said...

amal,
only my first adult project. do try it..as always starting something new is hard..but it's worth it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Message Non-Alert Script: