adamiamelia

my babies

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adam made pants

Probably spurred by his recent success in making his own apron, Adam declared out of nowhere;

"I want to make my own baju and seluar" (top and pants)

This mama was more than willing, as you can imagine. My baby boy, all of a sudden is showing interest in sewing? oh my, be still my beating heart.

He chose his fabric - red - his current favourite colour.

A little one's interest comes and passes in a blink of an eye, and you other mamas well know, so I quickly grabbed a pair of pyjama pants right out of the (unfolded) laundry pile, laid it down on folded fabric and let him loose. And by that I meant letting him draw and cut, using my very sharp fabric scissors. Not an easy thing to do considering how uptight I can be about other people touching my sewing things (ask my husband!). But I managed it and so did he!

As you can see the lines are roughly cut. But in the spirit of unschooling - So what? - that's gotta be my new motto now. After a while I find myself relaxing and and so did he. Boy what fun we had.

pinning

the little sister enjoying herself too

It's surprising what a four year old can do when given the chance.

Or rather, it shouldn't be a surprise. Children can do great things. Never underestimate them.

1 comment:

adaho said...

o' my...if only my 6yrs old girl see this,i bet she'll go "see mommy,even that boy's mommy let him sew!! " i feel like a bad mom now,knowing that the only 'sewing' ive let her do is to choose the fabrics and thread,iskk...

tq aida for showing me the new horizon in parenting...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Message Non-Alert Script: