adamiamelia

my babies

Monday, May 21, 2012

Surprise Anniversary Trip - Langkawi


The weekend after we went to Tioman, my husband took us to a surprise vacation in Langkawi. We got married the week after his birthday, so this trip is our 6th year anniversary. Funny how 6 years just whizzed by.


This is the view from our hotel (Westin). He really spoiled us this time. Adam said 'This is the best 'house'* ever!


Cool rock pool in front of the hotel


the children pool

We stayed for 5 days and got to visit all the interesting places in Langkawi.


Kilim mangrove river cruise was my favourite one. I wonder why this place isn;t more popular.


We took a small boat, just the four of us, and it went around the river surrounded by mangrove forest. It was so beautiful there. Reminds me a bit of the Amazon river.

 Fish farm, one of the stops along the river


The next day we went on the round island trip and went for a swim in this lake - Pulau Dayang Bunting. Again such beautiful natural surrounding. Wild swimming at its best, I'd say. The lake is situated in the middle of the island, surrounded by trees and it was so serene and calm. Loved it!


My loved ones swimming in the lake. I've been dreaming about lake swimming in Malaysia and this is the first one I've been to! Does anybody have any recommendation for swim-able lakes in Malaysia?

The day after that we went to Telaga tujuh. This is a place with 7 natural wells/pools that you can swim in. When we got there, we found out that you have to hike up a VERY steep hill to get up to it. I'm talking so steep you can probably fall back down the hill. A very difficult feat especially if you have children hiking with you. Half way there, there is a waterfall. When we got to the waterfall we were so hot sweating and out of breath. Then we see this gorgeous waterfall. Subhanallah it was amazing.


Not a lot of people here eventhough it was tourist season. I'm guessing because of the hike. But it makes for a lovely quiet swim. Nice.


There is a little green pool at the bottom of the waterfall. Beautiful. Makes me think of Survivor. (yes i'm a fan)

A lot of people talk about the taxfree shopping when they go to Langkawi but I'm glad that this time we get to discover some of the amazing natural landscapes and wild swimming spots in Langkawi. Alhamdulillah..

Thank you to my darling husband. This has got to be our best anniversary ever. I'm so glad I married you :) Lots of love and thank you for putting up with me for 6 years!!! (can't have been easy hehe)

2 comments:

Chekgu Azrine said...

tak sabar nak gi langkawi bulan 12 nih... bestnya!!

Dina Zakaria said...

i've been there too..=) sangat cantik..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Message Non-Alert Script: