adamiamelia

my babies

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cast one on

IMAG0038

Tonight I went to my knitting group meeting. I brought a project that's a treat for myself (my birthday is in January too, you know), I don't have a picture of it yet, maybe later I'll put it up. In the group there's this pakcik, and he had the above badge on his bag. Cool, huh?

Anyway, when I got back, I was still in the mood to knit so tonight I thought I'd cast on a little something that will be one of Mia's presents. She has quite enough cardigans and hats - she still fits in the ones I knitted for her while pregnant, and I found 3 lovely hand-knitted cardigans for a pound a piece at the carboot sale recently. So I thought I'd make her a wool soaker. I have never used a wool soaker on the kids before. But I've looked them up, and seemed rather interesting.

IMAG0047

Here's the tension square i made (well more of a rectangle). A tension square is a test sample that you must knit up in order to match the size specified in a pattern. A tension square for knitting is basically what pre-washing is for sewing : It is a pain to do when you're excited to start your project and wants to save time, but if you skip it, you will end up doing the opposite.

IMAG0048

I only got to here tonight. More to come. Time for bed.

5 comments:

Ernie Khairina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ernie Khairina said...

dot, isn't that a new handmade bag that u didn't blog about?

aidafiqs adamia said...

ernie,
no..that bag is Cath Kidston's. Look it up. I love EVERYTHING in that store. very charming vintage-inspired english patterns. I bet you'll love it too.

Anonymous said...

aida, maybe it's wayyy too early. but i hope u put this in your planner. i suggest that you hold a sale. i don't know. be them new items or pre-sale stuffs. i'm serious. seriously (cuz i loveeee those dresses of mia's).

aidafiqs adamia said...

nadia,
thank you..insyaAllah kalau ade rezeki :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Message Non-Alert Script: